Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blog With A Situation Incorrectly Labeled As a Catch-22

Went to McDonald's to get a breakfast McChyrup, the sandwich made of waffled Chicken McNuggets filled with syrup. Only wanted one, which was 2.19. But they were on sale, 2 for the $2.00. I only wanted one, people! Total Catch-22.

---------------------22----------------------

Building a tool shed. Hit my thumb with my hammer while building it. The pain hurt, but so did the Catch-22-iness of it all.

---------------------22----------------------

Taking the subway home, late at night, I often notice homeless people sleeping on the train. They shouldn't be sleeping on the train, but they do, because I suppose they have nowhere else to go. It's one of those small things I sometimes notice that always gives me pause. Even the homeless have to deal with their own Catch-22s.

---------------------22----------------------

I have been up all day, and now I'm exhausted. Catch-22.

---------------------22----------------------

I had an appointment to view an apartment today, which I almost missed because my alarm clock didn't go off. I made it to the showing in time, and checked the apartment out. It was okay, but definitely still overpriced: one of those apartments that tried to bring in the newly affluent during the housing boom, but now would be lucky to get any renter possible. After viewing the apartment, I walked home, stopping by at a bodega to get a soda and some Necco wafers. Ate the Necco wafers, one by one, as I walked back to my old apartment. Catch-22!

No comments:

Post a Comment